Awards and Publicity
Our program and its founders have received the following awards and recognitions:
- The Main Line Times awards Kathleen Walsh as the Main Line Volunteer of the Week. "Kathy Walsh's energy and commitment are immediately evident as she talks about the program she created and runs..." Read the full article here.
- The 2013 Engineers Week Coalition co-chaired by NCEES and Lockeed Martin honors Kathleen Walsh as DiscoverE Educator Award Runner up as 1 of 8 runners up nationwide for "truly inspiring the next generation of innovators."
- Philadelphia Martin Luther King, Jr. Association for Nonviolence, Inc. presents The 2013 Drum Major Award for "Education and Youth Development", saying,"Your invaluable and unheralded dedication and commitment to exposing Philadelphia's inner city children to science, technology, engineering in Math.The giving of your time, talent, skill and resources as a teacher in preparing them for success in the 21st century has earned for you an eternal place in their hearts."
- Pitsco Education presents the 2012 Pitsco Education Scholarship Winner to Kathleen Walsh for "bringing hands-on and confidence-building experiences to your classroom and beyond. We wish you and your students many more magic moments."
- Syracuse University presents a Certificate of Recognition to Kathleen Walsh in recognition of her "leadership in designing and participating in the first Girls Get It! STEM summer camp for Syracuse City High School District Middle School Girls."
- The Philadelphia Inquirer presents the Student Citizenship Award to Sarah Saltz for contributing to the community in important ways by "Initiating inner-city youth in Philadelphia, opening their eyes to engineering as a career path."